Finding the Art in Everything


03 July, 2010

Media Gluttony

During the school year, not unlike my students, I'm consumed by academic material. Teaching 2-3 AP classes and 2-3 classes outside my field (whatever that is) will do that, I guess.

But summer is the season to remedy that. All my media consumption feels like dessert to hearty, nutritious year.

First up: the abandoned magazines. I have several months of Vanity Fair, InStyle, Real Simple, and Relevant to read.

With this cover shoot by Annie Liebowitz on the World Cup, it should be no mystery what made it to the top of the queue:



Ok. A little shallow, but it's a real queue! I swear!

Here's what else I'm working on:

Madeleine L'Engle Herself: Reflections on a Writing Life
Jesus Among Other Gods: The Absolute Claims of the Christian Message by Ravi Zacharias
Seeds of Hope: A Henri Nouwen Reader
The book of Acts
The Moon and Sixpence by Somerset Maugham
The Search for God and Guinness: A Biography of the Beer that Changed the World

And what I'm listening to:

High Violet by The National
Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons
Transference by Spoon
Infinite Arms by Band of Horses
Go by Jonsi
To Hell Or Barbados by Damien Dempsey
Seize the Day by Damien Dempsey
I and Love and You by The Avett Brothers
Radical Face: Ghost by Radical Face


No comments: